First Aid for General Practice
This course is ideal for training to fulfil QOF requirements.
Who should attend?
The course can be adapted to cover CPR and AED requirements for GPs and essential CPR, recovery position, and use of an Epipen for other Health Professionals and administrative staff within the Practice.
What you will learn?
Care of an unconscious casualty, CPR and AED, basic life saving first aid and the safe administration of an Epipen.
Course outline – (adapted according to target audience and individual needs)
- Communication and casualty care.
- Managing an incident and prioritising injuries.
- Looking after yourself and the casualty.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty including the recovery position.
- Adult resuscitation.
- Safe use of an AED.
- Treatment of choking in adults and children.
- Treatment of severe bleeding and chest pains.
- Anaphylactic shock and the safe administration of an Epipen.
2 – 3 hours depending on desired course content.
Assessment and certification
Continuous assessment by trainer.
The AED certificate requires annual renewal, CPR certificates valid for 3 years.